Albin Engineering Services, Inc. (www.aesi.com) is searching for a Data Reporting Analyst / Business Analyst to work as our employee, on a 6-9+ month contract for one of our premier clients in Cupertino, CA. For the right Analyst, the opportunity will become a longer-term project. As an Albin Engineering Employee, you qualify for our full benefit package.
The right candidate will be working directly with various business groups to understand their business requirements to create appropriate reports and data analysis as needed. You will have the ability to work with large and complex volume data sets and must have a clear understanding of the full database system.
- Provide value-add analysis to Business units through use of meaningful reports, graphs, dashboards
- Draw conclusions from your analysis, see the BIG picture (more than just the data) and clearly communicate the results
- Work with Business and cross-functional teams to thoroughly document reporting processes and systems
- Can clearly convey the key insights or “story” the data reveals in a visual format that is grouped, summarized, or formatted to be easily understood
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting/analytics
- Work closely with our Data Quality team to ensure data integrity and completeness
- Develop business requirements to drive functional specifications for reporting applications
- Very proficient in SQL, Oracle, UNIX is a must
- 4-5 years of strong recent SQL skills utilizing complex queries in a large data warehouse environment such as Oracle, DB2, and/or Teradata
- 2+ years recent of strong Excel skills, pie charts, graphs, including pivots, vlookups, conditional formatting, large record sets
- Experience with Tableau is highly desired!
- 2+ years recent Unix experience with file manipulations and running SQL scripts
- 4-5 years reporting experience involving both adhoc, fast turnaround requests, along with standardized scheduled reporting based upon large data sets and complex queries
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills is a MUST!
- Experience analyzing large, complex volumes of data
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to use MS Excel and other desktop products to prototype and display results
- Strong business analysis skills, particularly around requirements gathering including facilitation, interviewing, to gather information and requirements from other business units
- Knowledge of or experience with large amounts of manufacturing data would be a plus
- A self managed “do-er” and self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Highly responsive and adaptable to efficiently manage quick-turn, tactical projects
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment with complex undocumented business logic and data flows
- Being very inquisitive and be able to work solo and on a team to solve problems and draw conclusions